We are actively seeking an individual with the right competencies to fill the position of Private Sector
Development Head (PSD Head). He/She will lead ACET’s Private Sector Development program and
be the focal point for all matters relating to ACET’s private sector operations. The PSD Head will lead
the development and implementation of an ACET PSD strategy and co-ordinate and manage a PSD
team around these efforts. Further, the PSD Head will be responsible for the PSD programs
partnership development and management.
In consultation with and as directed by the Senior Director, the PSD Head will;
- Foster ACET’s private sector vision and strategy within ACET and amongst partners and
stakeholders towards attainment of PSD program objectives
- Develop and implement annual PSD work plans
- Maintain open and fluid communication with the partners and the relevant public and private
- Lead the PSD team’s work SPPSG and support CWA activities.
- Coordinate activities with governmental agencies supporting the private sector as well as
private sector business interests, non-profit and educational institutions.
The most important skills required by a Head of PSD are:
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Social Sciences, particularly Business Administration,
Finance, Marketing, Business Development or Economics
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in Africa in the private sector, particularly in Agroindustry, Manufacturing, Services, Financial Services (banking, Fintech: etc.,), or Transaction
and Management Consulting.
- Strong digital literacy skills
- Good knowledge of industrial policies, regulations and institutional and organizational
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Download full job description belowDownload publication (PDF, 198.8 KB)
If you are interested in this position and have the requisite experience, knowledge and skills detailed
above, please send us your CV with an accompanying cover letter telling us why you believe you are
best suited for this position. Kindly address your application to the HR Manager at
email@example.com. The closing date for this vacancy is 11th October, 2019. Please note that only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.