The African Centre for Economic Transformation (ACET) is an economic policy institute supporting Africa’s long-term growth through transformation. We provide research, policy advice, and institutional strengthening for African countries to develop their economies, reduce poverty, and improve livelihoods. We are the pre-eminent pan-African organization advancing African solutions to African transformation challenges.
In our view, growth is not enough. Africa must also transform. Our long-term outcome is economic transformation and improved human wellbeing through diversified production, competitive exports, increased productivity, and upgraded technology
ACET is supported by multilateral and bilateral donors, and major foundations, and has its secretariat in Accra, Ghana.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Front Desk & Administrative Officer is primarily responsible for managing the reception and will perform administrative duties for and on behalf of ACET. The position holder is the “face” of ACET to all visitors and is responsible for the first impression we make to them, with the goal of making visitors feel respected while on our premises.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for manning the reception area by performing activities such as
- greeting and directing guests around the office
- answering guest questions
- notifying team members of visitor arrivals
- maintaining a safe and clean reception area always
- Manage the switchboard, forwarding and making calls, setting up conference call as necessary
- Receive and distribute correspondence
- Plan, purchase and manage office supplies and inventory
- Receive office maintenance requests from team members and coordinate repairs with service providers
- Receive, coordinate and track office vehicle requests to ensure efficient usage
- Assist in arranging flights and related logistics for staff as required
- Supervise the office cleaner and gardener
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time in support of ACET’s mission
- Friendly and polite
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to remain calm and control emotions
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills for effective team working
- Flexible and ready to take on responsibility
- Ability to multitask
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a similar position in a multicultural environment would be an advantage
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Interested applicants should email their CV and an accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 29th January, 2021. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.