Background Job Summary
The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) seeks to employ a Finance & Admin Officer, this position is based in Accra and reports to Finance Manager.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide effective and efficient finance and administrative support to the Finance department.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepares and processes payment vouchers (PVs) as required in accordance with ACET policies and procedures
- Maintains the Finance departments’ files to ensure they are up to date at all times
- Maintains ACET’s Consultant files ensuring that all details required are present and are kept up to date
- Reconciles payments made to consultants against their contract terms, reporting any variances
- Post’s entries into the accounting system and periodically analyse the ledger to ensure accuracy with ACET/accounting principles
- Writes and registers cheques to suppliers sending advices to the banks as necessary
- Receives and verifies invoices before payments are made.
- Reviews and processes all reimbursements for travel and other expenses
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for all ACET accounts by the 10th of the following month
- Provides support to auditors during yearly audits and other reviews by the World Bank and other donors
- Serves as contact person for ACET when it comes to statutory payments – liaise with SSNIT, Ghana Revenue Authority, second tier and provident Fund Administrators
- Serve as “client connection” representative for World Bank funded projects
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks for the unit
- Serves as a back-up to the Front Desk person
- Any other related duties as may be assigned.
- Good Interpersonal skills for effective team-working.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Experience of accounting and/or bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of financial systems, including accounting systems and budgetary control.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well under pressure and keep to deadlines.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage various projects simultaneously when required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be ICT literate.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any other related field.
- At least two years’ experience in accounting, finance and admin support duties.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should email their CV and an accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (NB: applications sent via other channels will not be considered)
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 23rd April 2021.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.