ACET has a strong track record of high-quality research and policy advisory work in support of African economic transformation. The Communications Coordinator assists the Director of Communications in the implementation of the organisation’s communications strategy towards engaging a wider audience in an interactive manner to effect policy change in Africa.
Specifically, the Communications Coordinator:
- Coordinates communications work across the organisation.
- Maintains the ACET Info account and updates information on the ACET website.
- Uploads stories, pictures and videos to the website and repackages them for distribution on social media.
- Leads or supports the writing and editing of press releases and stories for the ACET website and for the media and proofreads content to be uploaded to the ACET website.
- Liaises with the media around ACET events and answers press queries.
- Regularly updates media contact lists.
- Supports the preparation of ACET representatives for media interviews.
- Repackages ACET research papers for the website and for online distribution to various target audiences.
- As part of the communications team, plans and executes media and social media campaigns on economic transformation.
- Engages on economic transformation issues with audiences on a variety of social media platforms.
- Understands the potential of social media and takes the initiative in social media development.
- Supports the writing of ACET blogs and production of the African Transformation Today online magazine.
- Supports the production of photographs, videos and infographics and liaises with creative content providers.
- Manages internal bulletins.
- Proactively engages with partners and advises on tools for communicating with partners.
- Provides communication and rapporteur support to ACET workshops and other events.
- Monitors media pick-up of ACET publications and other content.
- Provides administrative and logistical support to the Director of Communications & External Relations as necessary.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
- Relevant Master’s degree
- At least five years’ media experience and some organisational experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Writing, editing and analytical skills
- Familiarity with both print and broadcast media
- Rapporteur skills or ability to take usable notes at workshops
- Organisational and coordination skills
- Social media skills
- Planning and budgeting support skills
- Pays great attention to detail
- Good telephone and email skills
- High energy levels and proactive ways of working
- Ability to follow up with contacts
- Ability to execute communications plans and strategies
- Ability to conceptualise communications products from ACET data
- Relationship building skills
- Demonstrable interest in economic transformation
Interested applicants should email their CV and an accompanying cover letter to email@example.com. The closing date for the receipt of all applications is 22nd February, 2019.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted