The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) is seeking the services of an Intern for a one-month assignment.
The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) is an economic policy institute supporting Africa’s long-term growth through transformation. We produce research, offer policy advice, and galvanize action for African countries to develop their economies, reduce poverty, and improve livelihoods for all their people. We are the pre-eminent African organization advancing African solutions to African challenges.
Scope of Services
In preparation for communications activities ahead of its flagship convening – the African Transformation Forum (ATR) – and launch of its flagship African Transformation Report, ACET seeks the services of an intern for one month, to clean its dataset of contacts and ensure they are up to date.
Specifically, the intern will:
- Synchronise all ACET department databases into one master list,
- Sort contacts into themes,
- Update with contacts based on ACET’s partners, in some cases – intern may have to check online for contacts,
- Clean wrongly written email addresses,
- Follow up on bouncing emails,
- Make cold calls to update contact information for selected lists such as media,
- Create a dashboard for the database.
The intern will be assigned a laptop for the duration of the internship. She/he will receive an allowance and call credit to place the cold calls.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Hands on experience working with excel databases
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A logical approach to work
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Please send your CV and an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for the receipt of all applications is 16th April 2021
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.