The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) seeks to employ a Business Analyst – Portfolio Coordinator (PSD). This position is based in Accra and reports to the Head – Private Sector Development (PSD).
The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) is an economic policy institute supporting Africa’s long-term growth through transformation. We produce research, offer policy advice, and galvanize action for African countries to develop their economies, reduce poverty, and improve livelihoods for all their people. We are the pre-eminent African organization advancing African solutions to African challenges.
With its vision of transforming Africa’s economy within a generation has worked with governments to define and support the transformation agenda of the African continent. In a bid to increase the impact of its activities, ACET has designed the “Strategic Partnership for Private Sector Growth’ (SPPSG), which ACET is implementing over the next 3 years.
The project, supported by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) and the World Bank, aims to support private sector development and growth in the G20 Compact with Africa countries, starting with Ghana. The project is focused on the manufacturing sector, given the relevance of manufacturing to economic transformation and inclusive growth.
However, viable strategic policy decisions and frameworks are needed to ensure that the sector grows and develops in a manner that creates new jobs and higher incomes; encourages skills development, export promotion, and diversification; and enhances productivity, competitiveness, and value addition.
To support this agenda, the ACET program will focus on three work streams;
- Promote the development of Sustainable Export Processing Zones (SEPZ) aligned with the 1R1P policy of the Government of Ghana;
- To support integration of local content SMEs into the global supply and value-chains of large enterprises aligned with the 1D1F policy; and
- Linking the LC-SME and SEPZ programmes
The Business Analyst will coordinate, track and report on all PSD activities. S/he will work with other firm’s services to ensure smooth coordination to enhance the work of the PSD staff and consultants. S/he will also support the PSD Head in business development and external relations.
Areas of Responsibility:
The Business Analyst (Portfolio Coordinator) will work with the Head of the Private Sector Development (PSD) team on and will be responsible for, but not limited to the following responsibilities;
- Assist the PSD Head in the general management and coordination of all PSD activities especially on the ongoing SME capacity and business development under the ACET LC-SME Support program;
- Report on all projects and project deliverables under the PSD program, providing and coordinating weekly updates for the unit;
- Liaise with other firm services such as Human Resources, IT, Communications, Finance, Procurement and Program Management to support PSD activities;
- Business Development – Liaise with PSD and Resource Mobilisation to scout and track business opportunities relevant to PSD;
- Work with the communications and external relations team to position the PSD program;
- Support PSD staff to deliver on common areas under the overall program;
- Any other tasks to be allocated by the head of the PSD and/or other senior colleagues within the PSD and ACET in general where required.
Consultants Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences particularly in Business Administration
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience is required in a commercial entity or a management consulting firm;
- Relevant experience of Private Sector Development in the Ghanaian context;
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong communications, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent report writing abilities;
- A self-starter who can work independently with minimal support as well as within a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver on time with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good project management and organisational skills;
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Language proficiency in French will be an advantage
Interested applicants should email their CV and an accompanying cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date for the receipt of all applications is Sunday, 6th September, 2020.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.